Day 9 (Friday 3 April)

I woke up feeling a bit grumpy and over being stuck at home but went off on my morning walk hoping it would lift my spirits. Along the way I met Sharon and John from our playgroup and we had a lovely chat while maintaining our 2 metre distance. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, then around the next corner I came across John and Sharon chatting with Marie, also a playgroup member, and another triangular chat ensued. We haven't seen each other for ages and it was so lovely to catch up.

I have had a pretty lazy day today, stewing rhubarb was the extent of my domestic tasks today.

I managed to get Dad to install Zoom on his computer, that was the easy bit. Trying to get him to sign in using his email account (which for some reason he can't access) was a little more challenging. I have found his email address and his password and all I need him to do is sign in to Zoom using these. We had to call it a day after many attempts and stress levels, both here and in Rotorua, were rising! We will try again!

We now have 868 cases in New Zealand and the global total has exceeded one million.

What I am thankful for today: Amidst all this craziness catching up with friends who I hardly ever see and realising that our friendship is as strong now as it was when we first met 35 years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 (Friday 27 March)

Day 14 (Wednesday 8 April)

Day 32 (Sunday April 26)