Day 2 (Friday 27 March)
My first thought today was wondering how long it will be before we stop referring to the days as Monday, Tuesday etc, but as Day 13, Day 14 etc. It's not easy to know what day it is when there's no differentiation between the week and weekdays.
I went for my morning walk today as usual. While I was walking along George Street a little girl called out hello from an upstairs window and a lady who was chatting to her neighbor from her balcony also waved and called out Good Morning. While Geoff and I were sitting on the front porch having lunch a mother and her little daughter walked past, stopped and waved to us, then the Mum said, "Oh look they have a teddy in the window." Makes me realise that in our very busy lives we don't connect with people in this way.
Out total has risen to 368, an increase of 85 from yesterday. For the first time we have someone in intensive care.
We have been having problems with our computer screen starting up so we decided to test our technological ability and connected our old TV to the computer. A few hiccups along the way but we did it!!!!!
Tonight we spent a couple of hours connecting with our overseas and Newlands whanau, all at the same time, thanks to the magic of modern technology. We haven't all been in the same place at the same time, even virtually, for a very long time.
Still nothing ticked off the to do list, but there's no rush.😉
What I am thankful for today: Technology, while often it is my worst enemy, it is a life saver at the moment.
I went for my morning walk today as usual. While I was walking along George Street a little girl called out hello from an upstairs window and a lady who was chatting to her neighbor from her balcony also waved and called out Good Morning. While Geoff and I were sitting on the front porch having lunch a mother and her little daughter walked past, stopped and waved to us, then the Mum said, "Oh look they have a teddy in the window." Makes me realise that in our very busy lives we don't connect with people in this way.
Out total has risen to 368, an increase of 85 from yesterday. For the first time we have someone in intensive care.
We have been having problems with our computer screen starting up so we decided to test our technological ability and connected our old TV to the computer. A few hiccups along the way but we did it!!!!!
Tonight we spent a couple of hours connecting with our overseas and Newlands whanau, all at the same time, thanks to the magic of modern technology. We haven't all been in the same place at the same time, even virtually, for a very long time.
Still nothing ticked off the to do list, but there's no rush.😉
What I am thankful for today: Technology, while often it is my worst enemy, it is a life saver at the moment.
Comments
Post a Comment