Day 8 (Thursday 2 April)

I noticed two things when I was out walking this morning. Firstly I noticed the number of houses with their windows open and secondly the sound of cars has been replaced by the tweeting of birds.

I was very domesticated this morning and made a lockdown loaf, aka beer bread. It wasn't too bad for a first attempt and Geoff and I both enjoyed giant slabs of freshly baked bread for lunch. I haven't got much flour left and I don't like my chances of being able to buy any more in the near future. Apparently there is no shortage of flour in New Zealand but there is a shortage of small packaging for it so unless you want to buy 20 kilos of flour bread baking might just have to wait.

Today's total 797, an increase of 89, the biggest increase so far. We have been told to expect a big increase in numbers, maybe this is just the beginning.

We had a lovely 2 hour chat with the Pikaris tonight. We played what is Nana drawing? guess the the pattern and noughts and crosses on Zoom. My next goal is to get my  Dad connected with Zoom so he can interact with the sandpit family. Might be a big ask though.

Tanya had her scan yesterday and all is going well with baby. Joel went with her to the scan but wasn't allowed in the room with her. Tanya is preparing herself for the possibility that Joel may not even be able to be in the room when baby is born and Nana is preparing herself for the possibility, or probability, that for the first time she may not be able to be present at the birth of her grandchild.

What I am thankful for today: We have been able to spend special virtual time with our sandpit whanau, having so much fun playing games with the boys, and of course talking to Mummy and Daddy as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 (Friday 27 March)

Day 14 (Wednesday 8 April)

Day 32 (Sunday April 26)