Day 31 (Saturday April 25)
Lest we forget. Today at 6.01am (I woke up unexpectedly at this time) I went out to the letterbox in my fluffy dressing gown to observe Anzac Day in the same way as many other New Zealanders were. It was a very mild morning and a small group of neighbours had assembled on the berm next door. Because they were all dressed I chose not to join them and stayed at the letterbox just long enough to listen to The Last Post reverberate softly around the hills before I quietly snuck back to bed.
Today there were a couple of family birthdays to celebrate: Happy birthday Tane (2 today), and Kane and Santana (12 today). I FB messaged Dad and was able to wish my nephew and niece a happy birthday as they celebrated outside at their Grandad's place.
I spent the rest of the day mowing the lawns, front and back and stacking some firewood that has dried out. I really wanted to cross mowing the lawns of our list but I crossed it out last time I did it, and I don't suppose it's worth crossing something off the list twice.
Five new cases today and one death.
This evening we Zoomed with the sandpit whanau to join in Tane's birthday celebrations. We played pass the parcel (Tane wasn't very happy about passing the parcel onto his brothers lol). We joined in the party lunch which included the family traditions of fairy bread and marshmallow men.
What I am thankful for today: Being able to be at Tane's birthday party, even in a virtual form.
Today there were a couple of family birthdays to celebrate: Happy birthday Tane (2 today), and Kane and Santana (12 today). I FB messaged Dad and was able to wish my nephew and niece a happy birthday as they celebrated outside at their Grandad's place.
I spent the rest of the day mowing the lawns, front and back and stacking some firewood that has dried out. I really wanted to cross mowing the lawns of our list but I crossed it out last time I did it, and I don't suppose it's worth crossing something off the list twice.
Five new cases today and one death.
This evening we Zoomed with the sandpit whanau to join in Tane's birthday celebrations. We played pass the parcel (Tane wasn't very happy about passing the parcel onto his brothers lol). We joined in the party lunch which included the family traditions of fairy bread and marshmallow men.
What I am thankful for today: Being able to be at Tane's birthday party, even in a virtual form.
Comments
Post a Comment