Day 26 (Monday 20 April)
D-day today, decision day as to whether we stay in or Leave Alert Level 4.
This morning we went for yet another bushwalk in the valley. We are so very lucky to have so many beautiful walks to choose from. Today we walked up the Tawhai Street track (very steep at the top), along the ECNZ Road then down the Kopara Grove track, which is a rather long, but gentle descent back down to the valley. On the way back we picked up our newly repaired laptop from the porch of our friendly computer repair man. In all our walk took us 3 1/2 hours.
Nine new cases today and no additional deaths., a total now of 1440.
Lockdown has been extended until 11.59pm on Monday 27 April, an extension of five days. This is a slightly shorter extension than I had envisaged, but Level 3, which for us will not be much different to Level 4, will last for at least two weeks, being revised on 11 May. Officially Geoff can go back to work, but having read the necessary protocols I'm not sure that it will happen.
I rang Dad and had a chat with him. He had rung me while we were out walking so I waited until after "The Announcement" before ringing him back.
What I am thankful for today: That we are beginning to see light at the end of this crazy tunnel, even though it is still along way in the distance.
This morning we went for yet another bushwalk in the valley. We are so very lucky to have so many beautiful walks to choose from. Today we walked up the Tawhai Street track (very steep at the top), along the ECNZ Road then down the Kopara Grove track, which is a rather long, but gentle descent back down to the valley. On the way back we picked up our newly repaired laptop from the porch of our friendly computer repair man. In all our walk took us 3 1/2 hours.
Nine new cases today and no additional deaths., a total now of 1440.
Lockdown has been extended until 11.59pm on Monday 27 April, an extension of five days. This is a slightly shorter extension than I had envisaged, but Level 3, which for us will not be much different to Level 4, will last for at least two weeks, being revised on 11 May. Officially Geoff can go back to work, but having read the necessary protocols I'm not sure that it will happen.
I rang Dad and had a chat with him. He had rung me while we were out walking so I waited until after "The Announcement" before ringing him back.
What I am thankful for today: That we are beginning to see light at the end of this crazy tunnel, even though it is still along way in the distance.
Comments
Post a Comment