Day 21 (Wednesday 15 April)
Three weeks in lockdown. Maybe only a week to go, but I'm not holding my breath.
This morning Geoff and I went for another exploratory bush walk, making sure we we weren't venturing too far away from home. This time we walked down to the Horoeka Reserve, from there we went up the track to the ECNZ road then along to the Green track. Last time we went up the Green track we noticed what looked like a track going next to the creek (I always find navigating the creek a bit difficult.) So we decided to explore this track on our way down. It was pretty steep and while Geoff says its definitely a shorter route than going down the rocky creek, I'm not convinced.
In all it was about a 3 1/2 hour, 12 km walk!
Twenty new cases today but fortunately no more deaths.
We had a well deserved lazy afternoon, after our big morning walk.
What I am thankful for today: We have so many beautiful bushwalks right on our doorstep. There's not many of the Stokes Valley hills that we haven't visited over the last few weeks.
This morning Geoff and I went for another exploratory bush walk, making sure we we weren't venturing too far away from home. This time we walked down to the Horoeka Reserve, from there we went up the track to the ECNZ road then along to the Green track. Last time we went up the Green track we noticed what looked like a track going next to the creek (I always find navigating the creek a bit difficult.) So we decided to explore this track on our way down. It was pretty steep and while Geoff says its definitely a shorter route than going down the rocky creek, I'm not convinced.
In all it was about a 3 1/2 hour, 12 km walk!
Twenty new cases today but fortunately no more deaths.
We had a well deserved lazy afternoon, after our big morning walk.
What I am thankful for today: We have so many beautiful bushwalks right on our doorstep. There's not many of the Stokes Valley hills that we haven't visited over the last few weeks.
Comments
Post a Comment