Day 16 (Friday 10 April)

It's Good Friday, Easter holidays, only it doesn't feel any different to the last couple of weeks.

I had a very lazy morning, sitting in the sun watching the bumblebees on the marigolds and reading my kindle. I have joined the WCC Library and have borrowed some books online which is great, as I was getting a bit tired of rereading my Kindle library. Bex has also downlaoded some more books for me so I should have sufficient reading material for the next two weeks of lock down.

After lunch Geoff and I went on what we call the monastery extension walk. This is a tramping type track that goes off the main walking track up at the monastery. When we were just about down at the stupa we heard a stag roaring. Quite a surreal experience sitting in the sun at a Buddhist stupa, in Stokes Valley, listening to a stag roaring.

There were 44 new cases today, bringing the total to 1283 and sadly another death.

Tonight we have spent a few hours chatting with the family. We were able to have a Zoom conversation with the Pikaris, my dad and us. Four generations, three geographical regions all connected at the same time. A couple of weeks a go Dad could barely turn the iPad on.😉 We also had a three way chat with the sandpit Hendersons and the Pikaris.

What I am thankful for today: Technology enabling us to connect across generations and distances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 (Friday 27 March)

Day 14 (Wednesday 8 April)

Day 32 (Sunday April 26)