Day 12 (Monday 6 April)
Monday really isn't much different to Saturday or Sunday for me at the moment, but Geoff 'went back to work', continuing the the bathroom project.
I braved the supermarket again this morning and despite getting there just after 9.00am I still had to queue. I find going to the supermarket quite unnerving and try to get it over and done with as quickly as possible. I filled in the rest of the morning doing housework. Probably not really a good idea with the renovations ongoing but it helped to fill in the time.
This morning I received a FB message from one of our fellow Morocco travellers. We had set up a FB group to share photos and Clarissa, who actually lives in Upper Hutt, messaged us all asking how we were getting on. Within a very short time we had heard back from all the other members of our FB group.
I went for my daily walk this afternoon during which I noticed that the teddy bear population is growing every day.😊
The total number of cases today is 1106. Despite being quite a large number it is significantly less that what was predicted when the lockdown started, which is good news.
What I am thankful for today: That when a crisis like this happens people reconnect. Strange really, we are all isolated physically from each other but so much closer in other ways, than we would have been had this not happened.
Comments
Post a Comment