Day 6 (Tuesday 31 March)

It's only Day 6 and I'm already cleaning out kitchen drawers!! By the end of this, the place will be spotless. (Although that's a bit hard to achieve with the bathroom renovation ongoing.)

Bex set up an online Countdown account so I can shop for Dad if necessary. I talked with him this morning and he has plenty of supplies at the moment, but we've told him to make a list as he uses things and not to wait until the last minute to let us know what he needs. He told me yesterday he was talking to Margret's son in Auckland and he, Dad, taught Chris how to use FB video messenger. Dad was very proud of himself!

While out walking this afternoon I saw an elderly friend of ours in her garden. Her late husband used to do the electrical work for Hendersonbros. While being careful to maintain a safe physical distance we had a chat. She is 83, and for the first time had gone on a trip to Australia with some friends. Unfortunately their trip was cut short and after 48 hours of chaos she was able to get home but is now in isolation. She told me that she broke her arm just before she left and is struggling to find plastic bags to wrap her cast in. I remembered that I had the cast cover I bought the first time I hurt my arm, so told Lorraine that I would pop it in her letterbox, which I duly did.

Our total number of cases is now 647. This is expected to increase as they have widened the criteria for testing.

What I am thankful for today: That a chance conversation while walking resulted in me being able to help a friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 (Friday 27 March)

Day 14 (Wednesday 8 April)

Day 32 (Sunday April 26)