Day 4 (Sunday 29 March)
Today dawned cold, wet and windy, a good day to stay indoors and do the housework. We even lit the fire for the first time this year.
63 new cases today, a total now of 514. Sadly New Zealand now has one Covid19 death.
The sun broke through this afternoon so we decided to go out for a walk. It seemed that we were joined by every man, woman, child and dog in Stokes Valley.
When I got home I rang Dad to see how he's doing. Unfortunately my brother has broken his elbow and can't drive, but his partner has delivered groceries to Dad. I'm trying to teach Dad to use whatsapp video calling. It has proved to be rather a daunting task. Dad receives the call but he hasn't been able to work out how to answer it. We'll keep on trying. I spent about an hour and a half this afternoon teaching Dad to access this blog but unfortunately we haven't been able to add it to his home screen. Oh well, it kept Dad and I connected for some time. We will continue to work on this problem.
What I am thankful for today: Being able to stay in touch with Dad, even if only voice calling at the moment.
Comments
Post a Comment