Day 1 (Thursday 26 March)
In the middle of the night last night I thought about setting up a blog about how lockdown has gone for us. I thought maybe it would help use up some time, seeing as working from home isn't an option for me and it will be interesting to see what happens as the lockdown period continues. Who knows I might just give up! I also thought it might make good reading in years to come lol.
So Geoff has written a very long list of all the things we can get done around the house during the lockdown, biggest job being renovating the bathroom. That involved some speedy trips yesterday to Mitre 10 and Bunnings to get all the stuff before the lockdown started, while maintaining the required 2m social distance. (Here's hoping he hasn't forgotten anything!) Will be very interesting to take a look at the list at the end (whenever that might be) to see what we have achieved.
This morning I went for a walk as I usually do if I'm not working. (They say maintaining routine is important.) I have never seen so many people out walking, maybe there will be an increase in our nation's fitness as a result of this lockdown. We were all being very careful to maintain the appropriate distance as we moved to the side as we passed each other. A few more teddies have popped up in windows as the Great NZ Bear Hunt takes off. Ted E Bear is sitting happily in our office window. Ming Takeaways had a handwritten sign in their window saying they were closed etc and it finished by saying "we will bring you better food and better service when we get back". It made me smile.
In other news today the Christchurch mosque shooter has pleaded guilty, thank goodness and Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid19. We don't get much other news at the moment.
Unfortunately some ants have decided to lockdown with us and as I type Geoff is spraying the windowsills with anti ant stuff. 😒 I don't think the antman will be considered an essential service.
I have just watched the daily Ministry of Health update, 78 new cases bringing the toatal to 283.
We finished Day 1 with a lovely, tender venison steak from Stewart Island.
Well we have survived Day 1. Nothing has been ticked off the list but there's still plenty of time! Just thinking that our new reality is not leaving Stokes Valley for at least 4 weeks. We can do it, we are, after all, in this together.
What I am thankful for today: Had Geoff's Stewart Island trip been a week later I would have been facing the prospect of doing this alone. He certainly got dropped in the deepend when he got home on Sunday!
So Geoff has written a very long list of all the things we can get done around the house during the lockdown, biggest job being renovating the bathroom. That involved some speedy trips yesterday to Mitre 10 and Bunnings to get all the stuff before the lockdown started, while maintaining the required 2m social distance. (Here's hoping he hasn't forgotten anything!) Will be very interesting to take a look at the list at the end (whenever that might be) to see what we have achieved.
This morning I went for a walk as I usually do if I'm not working. (They say maintaining routine is important.) I have never seen so many people out walking, maybe there will be an increase in our nation's fitness as a result of this lockdown. We were all being very careful to maintain the appropriate distance as we moved to the side as we passed each other. A few more teddies have popped up in windows as the Great NZ Bear Hunt takes off. Ted E Bear is sitting happily in our office window. Ming Takeaways had a handwritten sign in their window saying they were closed etc and it finished by saying "we will bring you better food and better service when we get back". It made me smile.
In other news today the Christchurch mosque shooter has pleaded guilty, thank goodness and Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid19. We don't get much other news at the moment.
Unfortunately some ants have decided to lockdown with us and as I type Geoff is spraying the windowsills with anti ant stuff. 😒 I don't think the antman will be considered an essential service.
I have just watched the daily Ministry of Health update, 78 new cases bringing the toatal to 283.
We finished Day 1 with a lovely, tender venison steak from Stewart Island.
Well we have survived Day 1. Nothing has been ticked off the list but there's still plenty of time! Just thinking that our new reality is not leaving Stokes Valley for at least 4 weeks. We can do it, we are, after all, in this together.
What I am thankful for today: Had Geoff's Stewart Island trip been a week later I would have been facing the prospect of doing this alone. He certainly got dropped in the deepend when he got home on Sunday!
Comments
Post a Comment